Employment Opportunities are free for VASEA members to post. Employment opportunities will be posted for 30 days or until the position has been filled.
The VASEA office also maintains a database of job seekers looking for employment in Administration, Accounting, Payroll and Tax fields.
UNOS Accounting Associate Position
The Accounting Associate will be responsible for processing and posting Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable transactions in accordance with GAAP accounting within the Finance & Accounting team. This position may also be responsible for managing disbursements, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, maintaining vendor financial records for historical and audit purposes, responding to financial questions/concerns to meet business needs, and performing all related accounting work.
- Perform accounts receivable functions to include billing, payment application, and collections.
- Manages accounts payable disbursements along with the customer vendor relations, as well as the expense management reimbursement processes
- Develops, implements and maintains recurring vendor invoice inventory
- Researches and responds to internal and vendor payment inquiries
- Processes employee reimbursements for mileage and travel
- Produces accounts payable and expense management reports as required by leadership team
- Produces/provides accounts payable, accrual and prepaid expense information for month end close accounting and reporting, including reconciliation of transactions
- Serves as an advisor on accounts payable and expense management matters to internal departments.
- Challenge data discrepancies and communicate with relative parties to ensure timely resolution.
2 years of accounts payable/accounting or other related professional accounting experience required.
3-5 years strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of
- accounts and corporate procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel (e.g. pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
- Exposure to payroll processing and accounts receivable functions
- Strong understanding of GAAP/General Ledger Accounting
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical skills – including the ability to present results
- Excellent organizational skills
- Deadline driven and detail oriented – ability to meet/exceed organizational turnaround times
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
General office demands
The United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) coordinates the nation’s organ transplant system, providing vital services to meet the needs of men, women and children awaiting lifesaving organ transplants. Based in Richmond, Va., UNOS is a private, nonprofit membership organization.
UNOS members encompass every transplant hospital, tissue matching laboratory and organ procurement organization in the United States, as well as voluntary health and professional societies, ethicists, transplant patients and organ donor advocates.
Top workplace in Richmond since 2013
UNOS is a great place to work! We’re one of only a few organizations to be named a top work place in Richmond by the Richmond Times Dispatch for 6 years in a row.
UNOS is V3-certified! V3- Certified companies work with the Department of Veterans Services.
UNOS Benefits: For information on UNOS, including more information on employee benefits, take a look at the UNOS Employee Benefits Summary.
Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
Agency Statement: No Agencies Please.
UNOS provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
UNOS is also an affirmative action employer.
UNOS invites individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to identify themselves, if they wish to do so.
I am currently seeking to forge a relationship with an Enrolled Agent(s) in the Northern Virginia area who will be able to assist the Black Raven Advisory Group (BRAG) and its clients with tax computations, preparation of amended tax returns and support related to the input of financial records into Excel spreadsheets. BRAG is a consulting / private investigative firm that specializes in white collar criminal (criminal federal tax included) defense strategies. Please send a resume with relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.